Our vision: If it is smart and connected, it's best with Intel.
Our goal is to be the preeminent provider of semiconductor chips and platforms for the worldwide digital economy. As part of our overall strategy to compete in each relevant market segment, we use our core competencies in the design and manufacture of integrated circuits, as well as our financial resources, global presence, and brand recognition.
Our operating groups are comprised of the following:
- Client Computing Group: Includes platforms designed for notebooks (including Ultrabook™ devices), 2 in 1 systems, desktops (including all-in-ones and high-end enthusiast PCs), tablets, phones, wireless and wired connectivity products, and mobile communication components.
- Data Center Group: Includes platforms designed for the enterprise, cloud, communications infrastructure, and technical computing segments.
- Internet of Things Group: Includes platforms designed for Internet of Things market segments, including retail, transportation, industrial, and buildings and home use, along with a broad range of other market segments.
- Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group: Includes NAND flash memory products primarily used in solid-state drives.
- Intel Security Group: Includes security software products designed to deliver innovative solutions that secure computers, mobile devices, and networks around the world from the latest malware and emerging online threats.
- Programmable Solutions Group: Includes programmable semiconductors (primary field-programmable gate array) and related products for a broad range of market segments, including communications, networking and storage, industrial, military, and automotive.
- The "all other" category includes:
- Results of operations from our New Technology Group
- Amounts included within restructuring and asset impairment charges
- Results of operations of start-up businesses that support our initiatives, including our foundry business
- Acquisition-related costs, including amortization and any impairment of acquisition-related intangibles and goodwill